Executive coaching is a specific form of coaching that is focused on helping executives and leaders in organizations to develop their skills and capabilities. Executive coaches work with clients to identify areas for improvement and help them develop strategies for success. This may include working on communication skills, leadership development, decision-making, and other areas that are specific to the needs of executives and leaders. Executive coaching will specifically focus on helping executives and leaders develop their skills and capabilities within an organizational context.
LINC’s executive coaching services assist leaders to facilitate positive mindset change, manage systemic complexities, and guide their teams to successfully reach desired goals to drive transformational change. An executive coaching process typically involves several sessions, each lasting 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Leaders will be supported to:
- Stay healthy and balanced
- Reach and exceed desired goals
- Deepen self-awareness
Each coaching session may include the following:
- Introduction: The LINC coach and client will spend a few minutes catching up and discussing any updates or developments since the last session.
- Review of progress: The LINC coach will ask the client to reflect on their progress since the last session and discuss any challenges or successes they have experienced.
- Setting goals: The LINC coach and client will work together to set specific, achievable goals for the current coaching session and the next steps towards the client's overall goals.
- Coaching conversation: The LINC coach will use active listening and questioning techniques to help the client explore their thoughts, feelings, behaviors and mindset related to their goals and challenges. The coach may also provide feedback and support to help the client gain insight and make progress.
- Action planning: The LINC coach and client will work together to create a plan for the client to take action towards their goals and address any challenges that arise.
- Review and next steps: The coach and client will review the progress made during the session and discuss any follow-up actions or next steps.
- Closing: The LINC coach will summarize the key takeaways from the session and schedule the next coaching session.
- Follow-up resources: The LINC coach will provide the client with a written summary of key takeaways, including suggestions/recommendations and any aligned resources to support the client to make progress toward their goals.
Executive coaching can be an invaluable tool offering leaders perspective on their professional challenges while providing actionable steps toward addressing those challenges. Your LINC coach can be your partner helping you to reflect upon and strengthen your professional practices.